Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blood Tests

So its never been super easy to get my blood drawn. My veins like to hide, but they have always gotten it on the first or maybe second attempt. Well today I had to get my last set of blood work to donate eggs. They have to do genetic testing to test for any genetic disease that I might be a carrier of that I dont know about. So last week when I got my blood drawn I passed out and they ended up poking each arm and each hand and finally getting enough out of one of my hands (they only needed one vial). So today I made sure to drink alot of water and eat alot of sugar to hopefully make my veins pop out. It didnt work. After poking me in one arm and not getting anything the lady put a heating pad on my arm for ten minutes and then tried again. And got nothing. So they had to send me to a different place to get it drawn. So I go to this whole other building like five minutes down the road. And the lady looks at my veins and realizes they are hard to see. So I told her if she can get it out of the veins in my wrist to try. So she did and got blood on the first attempt. But then the vein decided to not give any more blood after five vials. So she had to poke me again a little closer to my hand to get the remaining four vials. Now my arm is sore from my elbow to my wrist. Ive never had it hurt this bad before. But hopefully this is the last set of bloodwork that needs to be done before I get put in the donor pool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment