Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Husband Working Evenings

Lucas works the 4pm-1am shift and he LOVES it. He gets to wake up, spend time with the family and do things he wants to before he has to go to work and be tired from that. But the only problem with that is he isnt home when I put the girls to bed and he is sleeping when they wake up. And I cant sleep until he gets home. So we are going to bed at the same time, Im just getting up hours earlier then him. I do enjoy him being home with me during the day more. I feel like we get to spend alot more time together as a family. But he misses everything that goes on during the evening. Like last night. I went to Open Mic Night at the Farellis in Parkland (its every monday from 7-11 and it was alot of fun, everyone should go) and he couldnt go because he was working. But I think it was something he wouldve enjoyed. I miss having him with me when we are invited to places. For Claras birthday party he had to leave an hour into it because he had to go to work, so he missed most of it. Granted he shouldve asked for the day off, but it is what it is. I just wish we lived in a world that people didnt have to work and we could all stay home with our families.

1 comment:

  1. Having a husband that works from 1-10, I agree. I hate doing stuff in the evenings because he can't do it with me.

    ReplyDelete