Thursday, March 24, 2011

my babys arent babys anymore

So I have finally decided to put pictures in the frames at my house. As most of you know. I have all these frames with pictures of nice people and I have no idea who these people are. But as I sit her and upload my pictures I cant help but feel guilty. There are TONS and TONS of pictures of Clara from the time she was born until now. And only maybe a third of Elise. Im hoping most of them are my old phone memory card (but its in lucas' phone now so i cant check) and if they arent then im really bad mom and elise will definately feel the second child syndrome. I know it well being a second child. I vowed i would never do it but I have done it. In my defense....we were building a house and then we moved into the house and then we were super busy. But I could sit here all day making up excuses. Its not that I love Clara more. Its that I had more time with her and it felt like it took longer for her to grow up. Elise will be 9 months old tomorrow and I feel like the time has just flown by. I remember it taking Clara FOREVER to get this old. And im sure with the third baby (no, im not pregnant....yet) it will go by even faster. I just wish time would stand still for a few minutes, just so i can enjoy my babys while they are babys.

Today I realized Clara is ready to go to the preschool storytime. When did that happen? The lady even asked how old she was because she thought I was in the wrong one. My baby girl is becoming a big girl. And im just not ready for it. and now we are putting elise to sleep in the bed. So we can phase out the crib. And she is using a sippy cup to drink juice. I guess all I can do is take more pictures so when they are all grown (which will be too soon) I will have pictures to look back on and remember these sweet days when all they wanted was me and I could make it all better...

4 comments:

  1. Dani- this made me think of Gabriel and made me cry. A lot actually. We love them and I hope they don't grow up to be "to cool to hang out with us". We'll remember the days . :)

    Jessica Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these girls as if they were my own grandchildren, Thank you for letting me apart of there lives. There Beautiful and I will enjoy watching them grow up.
    Aunt Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot more pictures of Donavin, then I do of Julien. Your right the first seems like it take forever for them to grow up and the second just grows up so much quicker. It's because you have two to take care of instead of one. Thanks for the reminder of taking pictures, I've been slacking in that department.

    Your Neighbor,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. jessica-the other day clara said to me "mommy, i will always be your baby" if only she always remembered that.

    marsha- you know i could never keep these girls from you. they love you guys too much

    tracy- i just laugh that you signed it, your neighbor. we need to get together more. its not like we live far away.

    ReplyDelete